Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My blue shooting star

I was driving home after work. The sky was dark blue saturated with cold air. As soon as I walked out the restaurant door, I ran to my lovely car and couldn't wait to get home in next second. It was two days before my NCLEX exam. I have been studying for the exam about 6 month including the qualifying exam. I was pretty nervous and just wanted to get over with it. Working and studying in the same time is not fun at all. Speaking of working, I mean working in a chinese restaurant. I remember like five years ago, I have sweared that I would never work at a restaurant in the future and guess where I am now. Any way, I am tired but I work hard.

Turning up my radio to the classical music station, I was on my way home. When I stopped at the traffic light, the blue shooting star flew through in front of me in a way of telling me "come on girl, make you wish and it will come true." I think I made a wish without a doubt in just two second. I was excited to see the shooting star (It was blue. Isn't that special?) inspite of my heavy body and sleepy eyes.

Then I drove a happy trip to home. It is hard to forget if you have seen a blue star in you life. I think I will never forget it. I took the exam for 6 hours and felt sorry for myself because I left 2 questions unanswered(total 265). I was sad when I left the test center. I though the blue star was a good sign. The proctor wished me good luck when I walked up to my locker leaving for work at 4pm. That was very nice of him but I felt it was pethtic.

Then it was X'mas. The it was two days before New Year's Eve. I went to get the mail after I got home from work. There was my registered nurse license (somehow it looked like a piece of trash paper to me; it is about a 5x7 big paper). Yeah, I passed the exam. I kissed the blue shooing star good night.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:21 PM

    Congratulations!
    i am really proud of you. What you have spent paid off. I am sure you will have your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:56 AM

    Wow~~~that's great!
    Congratulations!!!

    By the way, the shooting star must be extreamly beautiful ^^

    ReplyDelete