Friday, December 30, 2005

Merry X'mas, dear friends

I got off from working at Shanghai chinese restaurant and my aunt told me that my cousin called to see if I want to go over Mary's for X'mas party. It was on chrismas eve around 11pm. I was tired from work and needed some love that night at that moment so I went. It was one of the most unforgetable X'mas in my life so far.

To tell the truth, I was not prepared at all for the party and was told just to show up. I drove there and found there was about 20 people inside the house when the door was opened. Most of the people were Mary and Trinh's family members and relatives (father, mom, brothers, cousins and friends etc.). Some were cooking the X'mas ham, soup, and stuffs and serving drinks in the kitchen area. Some were talking and drinking either in the living room or the dinning room. The X'mas tree was standing beautifully by the window and the fire place was heating up everybody's heart nicely. I was kind of didn't know what to do though I know some of them. I was glad that my cousin, Karen and her husband, Ron were there. Since it was my first time to Kieu's X'mas gathering (It is hold annually), I was considering new member. Mary and Trinh were nice. They were talking to me, showing me things around and it made me felt more confortable as time went by. Actually, I was thouched and very happy that I came.
It was the time to eat and wish everybody Merry X'mas. Then it was the time to open the presents. They were piled like a little mountain. Mary and Mariko were delivering the gift to everybody. And I got presents too. I was surprised to get presents. I like X'mas not because I get gifts. Looking at the X'mas tree, I thought of where I was for X'mas last year and years before. I think I like X'mas because of it gives me time to think of friends and my family that are not around me. I send cards, calls, or emails every year to Taiwan, Japan, and England trying to wave friends and family hello and present to them I am still alive. It is also interesting to know how friends and family are doing. It is neat and it is almost Year 2006!! Merry X'mas and Happy New Year everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment