Monday, January 09, 2006

King Kong, Geisha, Gay Cowboy, Pocahontas, and more...

Rachel and I was talking about the movies at work today. We were planning going for King Kong after work to see the midnight movie. But they didn't show King Kong at midnight when Rachel checked on the newspaper. There are pretty good movies recently. I guess it is because the holidays (X'mas and New Year). Why King Kong? Rachel and I was talking about the first King Kong movie. She said that she cried when King Kong held the beauty in his palm carefully and when King Kong fell from the Empire State Building. In fact, I don't really have clear images in my brain but little bit black and white King Kong holding a girl pictures and the moment when he fell from the building.

The other day, I was reading Y's blog and she has left some critiques about Pride and Prejudice, and Brokeback Mountain. Also, Trinh was talking about going to see Memoir of a Geisha. At the dinner after Richmond Bridal Show, Trinh said that she saw the movie and she liked it. So we were talking abou the movies for a while. When I mentioned about the Brokeback Mountain, Ron had a comment that he doesn't want to see a gay cowboy movie. But I think it would be a good movie to see.

The New World will be in theaters by the end of this month. I have been expecting for the movie for almost more than a year. The reasons are: 1)Carey is the assistant producer; 2) I have seen the movie " The thin red line". I like the movie and director; 3) I like Pocahontas story ever since I've seen the Disney movie.

Any way, I went to see King Kong on 1/12 and I cried through 1/2 movie. I cried when King Kong fought so hard and brave with the dinosaurs. I cried when they caught King Kong so cruely then I cried when King Kong fell down from the Building. God, I never know that I am such a cry baby....

Last weekend (1/15), I went to see Memoir of a Geisha. I've read the book and like it a lot. The movie was kind of disappoing. I think maybe I was expecting too much before I saw it plus my stomach was killing me when I was watching the movie. So I didn't really enjoy the movie.

In a nut shell, movies help me to release my emotions and learn English.

No comments:

Post a Comment