Monday, May 03, 2010

Ski trip and conference








It has been five months since my last post. I wonder myself " what and where have I been doing?". We got back from Vail and Chicago almost two weeks ago and my thumbs are still sored from snowboarding. Do I used my thumbs snowboarding? No. I was the Queen of Falling and Resting on the snow. I tended to push myself up so many times with my hands especially thumbs (why??? I guess it is instinct.) The snow was not very good condition compare to two years ago about same time of the year at Brekenridge. But we really enjoyed snowboarding, it is really a lot of fun just "surfing on the snow" (that's how I feel). The hotel ,Vail Montain Lounge and Spa was very nice in terms of service and environment. Not to mention that everything is expensive since it is a "resort". A bag of potato chip costs about 5 dollars (large one).
After Vail, there was a conference in Chicago. It was very convenient the conference was held in the Haytt Hotel which is very close to everything such as good dinning restaurant, Navy Pier, movie theater, river tour and subway to everywhere. The bar in the hotel was pretty good I like the open environment. Deep dish pizza was a bit disappointed. May be we picked a wrong place.
Navy Pier was nice for just taking a stroll or relaxing. Vacation is always too short. I can't believe it's already two weeks after!

No comments:

Post a Comment