Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cards


card from Norway Posted by Picasa




It is hard to believe that time has passed by me under a secret tempo that friends now are spreaded out all over the world!! Life is good when you get message from friends in mailbox. I love to receive letters from mailbox knowing that I am not forgetton by friends.

S is now in Norway with her Norwagian writer hubby. A fabric greeting card, how special, it was the first fabric card that I have ever received in my life. (www.vigocards.com) It was April when she moved to Norway. Nothing but cold I would think of about Norway. She seems very enjoying the life there. Learning language, traveling to other Island, finding a job and making new friends are definitly keeping her busy. Actually, it was the first card I got from her after she left the States. I love the card a lot. It is blue and brown on a velvet fabric. The patten is pretty victorian to me. S is such a sweet and nice friend that I met in Texas. She used to give me rides when I did not have a car to travel around the town. We used to take classes together and she would help and encourage me on my broken english. I would never forget one time she spoke up for me when I was in a embaressed situation. I felt that I was protected by her and not alone.

Another card that made me happy for couple days is from C. It is a picture that he took in Cambodia about couple years ago when he traveled and worked in Asia. He now has his own photograph business (www.kestrelfilm.com) and also works on films. I admir his talent on photo shooting and being so nice of people of my kind. And he has been always my favorite story teller. Every photo tells a story. He has a lot of interesting stories. The card from him is a sence of old trees. I assume that it was because we were in forestry college. I love the children photos from his website.

Not only that I love to receive letters, I like to send letters to friends too. Email is convenient, fast and easier but it is just different. I feel receiving letters is like seeing friends through the past. When I get a letter, I think back of time what we have done, where we met and how wonderful that time and places have not seperated us apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment