Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Figure Skating and Valentine


China&Russia2006 Posted by Picasa

What a wonderful present for Valentine's day to me! Fugure skating has been one of my favorite watching sports. I must say that it is the most beautiful sport that I consider it is an art form than a sport. Combining music, opera, dance, and technic, pair figure skating needs more hard work comparing to single figure skating. It was really a touchful moment to see both Russian and Chinese skaters standing on the podium. These two neighbor countries not only are the good competitors but are friends enjoying over a skating party to me.

I got the winter olympic tv schedule on my desk with all figure skating highlighted. Returning home from the book store, I rushed into my room and turned the tv on NBC ready for the program. I never knew that China has so many well-trained skaters for Olympic. I could not continue watching Dan Zhang and Hao Zhang's performance after they failed the salchow quadruple which no one has ever done it bofore. She was literally thrown on ice and injured her knee. Everybody could see her pain from the tears holding of her eyes on TV. Amazingly, they continued and beautifully performed their spirit.

Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin were kind of stunned off the rink when they saw the brutal fall of Zhangs. Two years ago, they had a worse accident on ice. Tatiana lost her conscious over the performance and Maxim lost his confidence on ice. I think this is a great moment for them winning the gold medal this time. For them it really means a lot. Shouldn't a relationship of two lovers be just like the relationship of a pair skater. There are trusts, encouragements, strenghs, and tests over a time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment