Sunday, July 24, 2005

The First Beach Camping, 2005

Did I tell you that I am a swimming lover. Oh, here is another good conbination for swimming. How do you think about camping and swimming at the beach? Does it not making you the queen or king in the tropical island? At least that is how I feel whenever I go camping at the beach. Mixture of fine white sand, blue sea connecting to sky, and lying like swimming suit super model whil drinking colorful cocktail. Yup, this is how I would picture my first beach camping in 2005.

I have just moved to Virginia about a month. My cousins and some friends were planning going camping at Virnignia beach for father's day celebration. I have never met other people other than my aunt's family yet and I thought this my be a fun weekend getaway to meet new people, to go swimming in the sea, and to just relax.

We left richmond around 8pm and arrived at the campsite about 10pm. It was kind of late and dark to set up the tent. I met about over ten people that I have never met before in the dark not knowing how exactly they look like. In my mind, I thought by tomorrow morning I might not be able to know who's who that I was talking last night. The campfires was nice and warm up everybody's good mood talking, laughing, joking and of course drinking. Pork chop sniffed around to see if there were piece of meat or food has dropped on the ground. She is a sweet but hungary poppin. Guess, I was not going swimming tonight after driving and a full tommy. Mary and traing were brushing their teeth with the "blinking toothbrush". I mean a toothbrush that literally was red blinking. We though it was funny that Mary was too lazy to go to restroom and cleaned her teeth with a plastic cup by the campfire.

In the morning, we had some donuts and coffee. Mary's father reminded everybody that it was the "FATHER'S DAY". Happy father's day!! We replied. The sun was very big that day. We all walked to the beach and could not wait a minute more to jump into the water to relase all the solar energy that we have absorbed. Pork chop found some friends chasing with each other, and swimming to get the toy that we have thrown to sea. We were so enjoy the moment. I swam for a while until my arm could not stroke anymore. Then I relaxed on the sand covering a saloon. As an asian female, I am inheretied the afraid-of-getting-tan syndrom.

Time flew fast while everybody lying and mind blanking. I had such fun over this beach camping. I think sea could be a good psychologist to everyone.S

No comments:

Post a Comment