Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Finding a job in New York City

New York City is crazy as Van Gogh. This is how I would put it in my own dictionary. Last week I went to the National Career Fair in Holiday Inn at NYC. My aunt lives in Massapequa, Long Island, thus I commuted from her house to the city almost everyday. The first day was not fun at all. I took the midnight run away bus at 1am and arrived at Chinatown at 7am. The girl next seat was talking on the phone all the way. No need to say, I almost hit her with my high heel. (I was grummpy being forcing to listen her conversation with her family). About the high heel, I had the job fair to go at 11am in the city so I was all dressing up while riding the bus.

New York, where I should start with the story. Oh, the job fair was so crowded when I got there. The line just to get into the fair was long and made me feel like to knock everybody down to get to the frist in line since I haven't slept on the bus last night. I was tired, sleepy and had two blisters on my foot. I heistated if I wanted to join the line. I went down stair to the lobby and sat on the sofa just trying to relax a little bit. About an hour, I decided not to go in and went to the public library. There is a job information center in the library. So I wrote down some information and got on the train to my aunt's.

My leg was hurting me because of the new boot and I walked a lot between avenues and streets. I needed to go to Columbia University Medical Center to check out some job position and maybe tried to introduce myself to people. It was really a nice and well-equipted from my view. The hospital itself is near the riverside and you could see the Wasington Bridge. I think it would be cool to work there so I sent my resumes to different department online (it is the only way to apply for their job).

While walking on NYC, I felt like I was just a small fish amont the school. People are from different backgrounds. Skyscrapers, tourists, and venders this is the most metropolitan city in the world I was thinking this myself. Do people really live here or people just exist here for the most golden period in their life?

This time, I walked one step further about finding a job in NYC. I think it is enough for this time. Next month, I need to do something more and maybe I need to be more aggressive. "Here is New York!" as everybody says.

No comments:

Post a Comment