Thursday, June 07, 2007

Virginia Beach - Part II (Yoly from Colombia)




I met Y seven years ago in West Virginia. The very first year I came to the State for school. International student house was a house that fulled of laughters, joys, romances, and friendships with strangers from all over the world. It is really hard to believe that we are still friends after 7 years. In these years, we only corresponded through emails. She is in Colombia and I am in the US.

With a week's off from M's visit from Texas, Y came two weeks ago and stayed with me along my 4 other roommates. It seemed the house suddently became international student house again. In these 7 years, we all been through a lot in live. Y works a good job in Colombia and also a licensed Psychologist. And me with 3 master degrees ( not that I am really proud of but is did mean some kind of achievment to me though?) and in the process of becoming American, we have good life.

Working full-time, I made some plans to spend time with Y and my friends here. We cruised through Richmond to Willamsburg and Virginia Beach (yes, 2nd time in a month). Although, we did not have coconut trees or hot six-packed muscle men to entertain us but all has been good. Sea breeze, waves, blue sky, sand and a ocean front hotel room with just a minute's walking distance to the beach, what can we ask more for life.

Our footprints were also left at James River with two little good looking "men". I guess that was my substitution for six-packed muscle men. It was just so hilarious when I saw they looking at me taking off my cloth with bathing suit underneath. They are definately curious. I just thoutht that was funny.

That was my "vacation" with friends this summer (yeah with over 40 hours' work and two summer classes going on). Wish my real vacation coming soon. I am ready to explor...

No comments:

Post a Comment