Sunday, August 05, 2007

A baby shower in West End


Vitoria the 5 month old baby girl sitting on mommy's lap was laughing so much while I was talking with her mom facing her. I was probably very exaggerated (may look like a clown) with my facial expression when talking. D is going to Taiwan to adaop a baby boy in few months. In the class, when she shared with me her excitments over adoption, I was very happy for her and wish that I could go with her to be her tourguide.

In Texas, I knew a family also has adopted babies. It almost gave me a dejuvu. Time has flew so slilently that I have been in Virginia for two years now. Before I left Texas, I was so uncertain about my future. Living in the States has been always my dream growing up knowing that I have 4 aunts in the States. With the long 7 year living here as a non permenant resident, uncertainty is evil of my nightmare. So many girls married older american men, so many foreign students want to marry american citizens, and so many broken unhealthy relationships. I am sure that is not what I want. Well, since I have passed infant stage long long long times ago. Adoption is not an option at all. One time I even joked with my wealthy and fun major professor if he is willing to adop me (he adoped 2 Rissian girs).

Adoption, I vote it. There are many babies all over the world who eager to have family and love. While ther are many couples who unfortunately could not have their biological children, how a wonderful match for both side. To love and be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment