Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tango, Salsa and Flamenco



Cheer leading was probably the very first dance form that I had. Whenever I think about going dancing some crazy nights, I always think about how I came to the point loving dancing so much. I guess if I tell any of my friends after college, nobody would believe that I was a little cheer leader in elementary school. And I tell you, it was very competitive. Without a doub, now I still dance like a cheer leader sometimes.

Without music, dancing is like a bird without singing. Any dance has certain music theme to go with: Fast, slow, high pitch, low pitch, different instruments, and more. I have always drawn to fast beat music. For me I think fast music usually connects to happier mood and spirit. Maybe that's why I like dancing and I was a cheer leader. I think music and dance has helped me live through the good time and bad time in life.

Recently, I started to like flamenco and tango. My aunt and I used to watch dancing with the stars when I visit her in New York. The movie "Moulin Rouge" sings el Tango de Roxanne while "Phantom of the Opera" ryhms it too. The song was a key that opened my heart toward tango and flamenco. In Taiwan, I knew the Flamenco long ago. There was a legend about a female dentist who gave up all her career and fortunes for Flamenco. She is now a very famous flamenco dancer in Taiwan and is very successful in performance. (http://www.flamenco.com.tw/)

The musical "Chicago" another my favorate (West End Story the next) broadway show, taught me how sexy(evil) a women could be when they dance. Once a friend said to me, when you dance flamenco you fake a lot which I don't agree with him. They say " you don't see good flamenco, you feel it." So even I never dance flamenco yet, I believe that it is a very "emotional" dance. There are a lot I would learn from dancing it. Hopefully, I will be able to go to Spain soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment